this is the art journal page that I´ve created quite long time ago- on november 2016. I´ve drawn a sketch of oriental city and I couldn´t decide if I want to paint those buildings using acrylic paint or use some other technique. Finally I have decided to use some various pattern papers that I had and instead of painting I just cut out and glued those pieces on my page. For shading I´ve used Pitt artist pens and quote is embossed using gold embossing powder. If you want to recreate this layout, on the bottom of this page you could find my template of this city free for download.
List of supplies:
- Moleskine large sketchbook- Moleskine Sketchbook Large Red
- Pebeo white gesso- Studio Acrylics Gesso white
- Pebeo acrylic paint: mars black- Studio Acrylics Mars Black
- Pebeo acrylic paint: titanium white- Studio Acrylics Titanium White
- White gel pen Sakura- Sakura 3-Piece White gel pen
- Gold gel pen- Uniball Gel Pen Metallic Gold
- Ranger Dina Wakley- Gel medium- Dina Wakley Gel Medium
- Faber-Castell- Pitt artist pens- Faber-Castel Pitt Artist Pens (12 Pack)
- Gold glitter glue- Glitter Glue Gold
- Graphik line maker- black- Derwent Graphik Line Maker Black
- Graphik line maker- sepia- Derwent Graphik Line Maker Sepia
- Ranger- Watemark resist ink- Ranger Clear Resist Stamp Pad
- Ranger- Embossing powder gold- Ranger Embossing Powder Gold
- Distress ink pad- Vintage photo- Distress Ink Pad Vintage Photo
- Alphabet stamp set
Here you can see close up photos of my finished project.
Template of this oriental city you can download HERE. I would love to see your version of this so if you want to you could email me your result or just tag me on instagram if you posted photo there.
If you have any questions don´t hesitate to ask and also I would love to hear any of your comments or suggestions.
And finally here is link for youtube video of my project complete with voiceover.
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/mtmpdXn_F_A” ]